24 de enero de 2013

Fix for Mega uploads not working

I have received my verification email more than 24 hours after I signed up for the new Mega file hosting site and finally got to browse around and test its features. Everything you do on Mega is happening in the browser right now as there are no mobile apps or desktop clients available at the time of writing.


What you can do right now is create folders and upload files to these folders, add contacts and share files or folders with other users. Folders can be shared with contacts only while files can be shared publicly using the get link context menu option.


Firefox is my main browser and when I tried to upload files to Mega using it I noticed that it did not work at all. I tried dragging and dropping files into the Mega tab and using the new upload button; both options resulted in a 0% status that would not move at all. Transfers simply would not work in the browser no matter what I did.


mega uploads not working


I first thought it was caused by NoScript or the file extension but disabling NoScript for the time being and selecting safe file extensions like zip did not resolve the issue at all.


I decided to switch to Chrome to see if it allowed me to upload files. Lo and behold, using Chrome I was instantly able to transfer files using drag and drop or the new upload button.


Just when I thought I had it all pinned down to an incompatibility with Firefox I noticed that a recent Chrome upload to Mega was not uploading as well. It displayed more information than the frozen Firefox uploads as it was counting the elapsed time, speed (at 0 B/s) and remaining time (infinity, very funny).


Here is what I think is causing this: server issues. Mega has seen a rush of new users in the first few days after it launched and it is likely that servers are currently not able to handle that load well. This can lead to issues when uploading files and the only way around this would be to wait and try again at a later point in time. Or, and that’s an option for some, use a different file hosting service for the time being.


You can cancel transfers with a right-click on the file in the upload queue and the selection of cancel transfer. I sometimes was able to upload the file directly after canceling and adding it again to the queue.


The post Fix for Mega uploads not working appeared first on gHacks Technology News | Latest Tech News, Software And Tutorials.






via Jonathan's starred items in Google Reader http://www.ghacks.net/2013/01/22/fix-for-mega-uploads-not-working/

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Comenta con Respeto. Y escribe claramente lo que deseas transmitir